Friday 28 March 2014

Introducing my story- over 57,000 words!!!!

Friends, over the past few months, I've had a chance to really concentrate on my writing for the first time in forever. Diva and I have talked extensively about how to get it all together and incorporate all of her witty asides, because she's read through various incarnations over the past few years and sprinkled in her spicy comments throughout.

Yes, I left my job and moved across the country to be with the man I love. There was no ticker-tape parade waiting for me when I got here, no job offers when the first uncomfortable feeling of, "What is my purpose anymore?" surfaced. Along the way, I've joined a lot of writer's groups and submitted work for critique week after week. I've done some freelance editing and looked for more work along that vein, along with freelance writing gigs. So far, loving to write has turned into an expensive hobby, one that I'll probably subsidize with some temp work soon. Even though I lack the structure that work has always provided, I've had time to work on the book I've wanted to write. It became like a part-time job, taking up my afternoons after my job posting opportunities have been exhausted.

I'm excited to say that right now, the story has over 57,000 words! And I am going to share snippets with you along the way. A few of these vignettes are ready to slip out of the vault and into the world.

Please feel free to share any observations with me about them via email or, if you see something on Facebook that you like, click the Share button so more people can read about my ridiculous life.

Sincerely yours,
Jane Q. Phoenix

No comments: