Saturday 10 January 2009

Working in the Actual Nearby Midsize City may not fix every problem I ever had, but...

Hi guys, Jane here. It took 4 interviews plus a session of signing forms and peeing in a cup before my wild and wonderful holiday festivities (meeting the Diva at the beach and playing in the waves, flirting with a high-school crush during a night of drinking in the old hometown, spending more time on the road to see family and friends, and pondering the disappearance of The Dude I was seeing) began, but it is official: your Jane is fully employed again, starting Monday.

This time it's a real job with a raise (yes, you read that correctly) and nice people to work with. Now you're probably saying, "Shut up!" but no, it's really true, and it is truly happening.

How did this happen? you might ask. Well, let me tell you. A lot of it was through meditation and trying to capture the feeling of things going well in my life. Sure, I had to dig deep and go into the past for it, but I've been there before and I'm there again. I had to remember the good feeling and have faith in the Law of Attraction to get me there. It wasn't easy.

In order to do this, you have to truly be thankful for what you have... and sometimes that is hard. I had to figure out things that I liked about good-old-boys at work chewing on dip and talking about football this summer while the women did all the work. I had to like the situation I was in where I was working all the time, looking for a real job in my down-time and not making ends meet. I had to find the good in everything, and let me tell you, in 2008 that was really difficult. You know that song in Life of Brian when Jesus and the other 2 guys are hanging from crosses, singing "Always look on the bright side of life"? It kind of felt like that.

But that chapter is over. A new year, a blank slate, a fresh start is in the works. And I must say that it couldn't have happened to a better person!

The vibe of New Town (ANMC) is leaps and bounds in the "friendlier" direction than what I've seen/experienced in Winterville. I know this because I've been there and felt it in my gut.

New Town is a breath of fresh air to this dormant situation. It has a younger and more educated and more transient population. It is also within driving distance, so I don't have to move right away- although I may sometime, as what's keeping me here? I know that ANMC and the new job will not make my life a perfect miracle, but I have a feeling it's going to be a serious upgrade in a lot of ways.

Like they say, the rear-view mirror only shows you what's gone. But you also need to look back sometimes to see how far you've come.

Your amiga on the upswing,

Jane

No comments: