Wednesday 11 January 2012

Love is what made the difference

Since I arrived in the burg of Winterville, I've been missing something pretty major: love. Everywhere I went, I dealt with scathing people and horrible attitudes. People were poor, crazy, miserable, projecting their own issues onto me, ripping me off, trying to rip me off, pissing me off, ignoring me, and generally being pains in my ass.

My ex is out of my life now, but he did something that nobody else could: he came into my life in this depressing town and loved me. Sure, it didn't last, and of course it wasn't perfect, but he did that: he loved me. And I must say that it's made me a LOT less edgy.

I find myself at peace now. I am able to accept Winterville's many constraints better and with more grace. I am better at planning my social calendar so that I'm in no way dependent on someone in this scary town holding up one end of an intelligent conversation; I do my socializing during the week now, near work, or in some other town at some other time. Home time is for writing, laundry, sleeping, and going through the mail. I can do that anywhere, even Winterville.

I am excited to announce that I am writing a mini-epic in 6 parts. Diva is providing witty commentary and they will be e-books available at some point this year. I've decided that this is my second job; I will devote time to it on the weekends and get it done in the silence of my current life in Winterville. We just have to make it happen. Diva and I have such great stories to tell and this is the year it will be done.

Of course, I won't be stuck here forever, but while I'm here I'm making the most of it.

Yours,

Jane Q. Phoenix

PS Here is a cool poem for you to enjoy:

People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest person with the biggest ideas can be
shot down by the smallest person with the smallest mind.
Think big anyway.
What you spend years building may
be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.
People really need help but may attack if you help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have
and you might get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
- Anonymous

No comments: