Saturday 18 February 2012

Admitting the problem is the first step to solving it

Good day, amigas and amigos:

Your Jane has just become aware of a pretty substantial problem, while Diva has discovered some of her own emotional stuff.

My problem pertains to my health. I thought my body and I had a deal: I take care of you, you take care of me. Well, I've been thrown a curve ball. For whatever reason, all the healthy eating and exercise I've done couldn't head off the problem that is taking over my life now. There should be an end in sight, but no one, not even my doctor, can estimate when that will be, and even then, this could recur for the rest of my life. Sooooo, I'm a little bit thrown for a loop.

Our Diva is doing some soul searching and came up with the reason behind one of the blocks in her life. I've discussed this with other friends too. I think there are blocks in our bodies and our minds that prevent us from achieving what we could achieve. Sometimes a belief system takes years to form and it can't be torn down in a day, even if we know it's wrong. It's like it's taken hold of us and doesn't want to get flushed out.

An interesting parallel to my problem, because the sooner my problem runs through and gets flushed out of me, the sooner I'll be functional as far as my body is concerned. It's the same thing for Diva, but since her block doesn't keep her from sustaining her physical life (she has adequate food, water, and shelter) she could put off the exploration. I will be there for her whatever she decides. A friend is not a coach. A friend just knows that you are doing the best that you can do, and wishes you well, and encourages you.

Still, I am curious about the outcomes for both of us. We are both looking at a situation now and assessing what it is, how it works, and what impact it has on our lives

Good luck to us, huh?

-Jane

No comments: