Wednesday 18 June 2014

Back from a Mysterious Errand...

Hi friends:

Well, at least one of you didn't forget about me while I was taking care of a mysterious errand. I can see someone checking on this blog every other day or so... and whoever you are, thanks for reading!

As for me, I am back in the saddle and ready for action. I'm making lists and checking things off of them, scratching down notes so much that my pens are dying... I'll be editing 1 book and 1 novella this month and maybe might land a "real" job too.  Stay tuned. In any case, a friend asked me to re-read Ask and It is Given, a book about the Law of Attraction, and I find that the more I relax my focus on life, the more I enjoy it- and more good things come to me, too. It's a fine book that's helped me out of more than one jam in the past. Check it out if you need to be inspired.

Today's offering is from the fun part of the book... I hope you enjoy this bit of escapist fun as Jane leaves Winterville behind for some fun in the sun.

Yours truly,
Jane


  “How would you like to know what it’s like to have the attentions of a man again?” Diva asked me. We sat at the edge of the hotel pool on two matching chaise lounges, with a small table between us. Palm trees swayed in the breeze, and in the distance I could see the ocean. The constant sound of the tide had put me into a partial coma, and I liked that.
  “That depends on the man,” I said, laughing. “Which man are you talking about? Does he look like Daniel Craig?”
  “Hmm, that guy on the boat was hot, huh?”
  “Yeah. Wow. Yes he was.”
  “Well, the only man I can provide you with this weekend is my cousin, Enzo.”
  “That sounds like a pasta.”
  “You’re thinking of orzo. Enzo is a real, live man, and I bet that if you pay him the slightest bit of attention, he’ll be all over you.”
  “I’m not sure I could handle that. Wait, does he look like Daniel Craig?” I asked, laughing.
  “No, silly, there he is,” she said, pointing to a group of her cousins. Enzo was tall, thin, and tan, from what I could see from the chaise lounge. Well, I can’t really argue with that, I thought.
  “Come on, let me introduce you to everyone,” she said.
  We walked over to the group of tall, beautiful Bellini cousins. True to their Italian nature, they were a loud, talkative bunch. Exclamations rang out from every direction as they greeted Diva, or as they called her, Lexi.
  “This is my friend Jane,” she told everyone, and I smiled and added, “I will do my best to remember all of your names!” They laughed in response and greeted me too.
  “Finally, a beautiful woman who isn’t my cousin,” one thin man said flirtatiously, reaching for my hand and then kissing it. I laughed in response. He had black hair and very dark eyes, and he looked to be about 30 years old.
  “You must be Enzo,” I said.
  “Guilty as charged,” he replied. I laughed again. 

No comments: