Sunday 17 January 2010

The List

Tonight I found a list of all the things I asked for last year at this time, when I was the new kid at my job and learning the ropes, and wondering what kind of life I could fashion for myself between Winterville and Midsize City where I'm employed. Aside from some money woes, which may get better because my annual review is coming and I may find a roommate this year, I am getting closer to attaining- or have already attained- some of the things on the list. They ranged from the basic- "good training at my new job, pleasant co-workers, etc." to the obvious but still not current in my life, such as "incredibly cool boyfriend."

I had to lose a lot in my life to understand what gratitude really is. Don't get me wrong- I know I acknowledged the awesomeness of the things and people in my life when livin' was easier- but acknowledging something's awesomeness and being grateful for it are two different things. It's the difference between saying thank you for something and saying something is cool. Saying thank you puts the universe on notice that you have noticed what it's given you and you are giving thanks for it... which invites more, new good things into your life (which, by the way, is awesome).

Thanksgiving should happen every day- and not just because I enjoy throwing dinner parties. (I always feel so stylish yet retro in my aprons).

It's funny how we get what we ask for, fixate on, and focus on.

Did I tell you about my dream about my hot spirit guide Mike that I woke up from the day after Thanksgiving? Oh man, it was great. He explained so much to me, and taught me so many things. I wrote a bunch of them down- I'll trot them out for you eventually. When I'm remembering what he said and writing it down, it sounds like I'm so spiritually aware, but really it's him. Every time I learn a lesson about a chakra, Mike is there to explain it to me. This last dream was about the heart chakra- so much to tell you and so much to remember and write down (hopefully). But very enlightened stuff, I know that much. That dude is some kind of smart.

In Gone with the Wind, Mammy liked to say, "Askin' ain't gettin'." On the other side of the spectrum, we have Ask and Ye Shall Receive. Which will it be? To quote a cheesy 80's song, only time will tell.

Have a great week, amigas!
Sincerely,
Your Jane

No comments: