Saturday 2 January 2010

Sometimes you need to sleep in a new bed to dream a new dream

Hi amigas, Jane here.

No, I don't have a special friend who's allowing me sleepover privileges... I took the space heater into my writing room, cranked it up, and slept in the twin bed I bought a year ago to accommodate guests (well, one guest at a time). My birds, who winter here, were able to stay warmer too, and I didn't wake up surrounded by arctic air, as I do when I sleep in my regular bedroom on the north side of the house.

It was a nice way to start a year- to lie in a new bed, remember the last time I slept in a twin bed (I think it was when I lived with Diva, before we moved my bed in to her apartment, about 12 years ago) and the dreams I had... as a college freshman in the dorms, living in the Mountains, and living at Diva's Place. Who was I then? What did I hope for? Who did I wish would love me or love me back? I thought about all of those things and realized that I don't have to be so cynical and grown-up all the time. It's time to pull again from my memory bank and find some cheesy song lyrics to describe it... if only my brain were working yet.

All I can think of is Huey Lewis' "Do you believe in love?"

Yes. Of course I believe in love. The fun kind especially, which has eluded me for years!!! Since 2004, to be precise...

Diva and I talked about our ideas about the new year. We both had readings done; we both think maybe there are some romances on the agenda for your Jane and Diva. We are (understandably) both pretty excited about these prospects. Hmmm...

Maybe the dreams I can dream when I regress to a little bed, in a room full of sunshine and parakeets, will find me this year. Let's hope so.

Happy new year, amigas! May you be overpowered with good vibes and happy people this year!

No comments: