Marc Allen is a writer/musician who collaborates with Shakti Gawain as partners at New World Library, a really cool publishing company. I'm more familiar with Shakti because of the Creative Visualization methods I've used since 1990. But, Marc's book had some really interesting points, and here they are:
1) The first step to discovering the secret of manifestation is to write your ideal scene on paper- your dream life five years in the future. Begin with the end in mind, and keep it in mind.
2) The simple step of writing down my ideal scene led me to discover the unfailing law of manifestation.
3) The second step to discovering the secret of manifestation is to write your goals as affirmations, beginning with: in an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way...
4) The next step to discovering the secret of manifestation is to write a one-page plan for every major goal.
5) The final step to discovering the secret of manifestation is to take action. When you have a plan, an intention will form. When you take action, nothing can stop you.
6) Great success is the result of a great many small steps, all moving toward a clearly defined goal. That is the secret to manifestation.
7) Ask and you shall receive; seek and you will find. That is the secret of manifestation.
8) Love one another, as I have loved you. Love your neighbors as yourself; love your enemies. That is the greatest success of all.
9) We have a great purpose in life- a mission, vocation and calling. We are here to grow, to evolve, to reach our full potential and contribute to the betterment of the world.
10) To love one another and all of creation, is the greatest secret of all. Love overcomes all fear, and transforms our lives and our world.
11) Love, serve, and remember. Remember what? I ask. Remember to love and serve.
12) Loving and serving yourself and others is the key to fulfillment, happiness, and peace.
13) When you tear away the last veil you know with certainty that love is the foundation of human consciousness- that there really is nothing else. It's our constant betrayal of it that makes us crazy.
14) We are powerfully creative beings. When we focus our conscious mind on a dream or goal, our limitless subconscious mind gets to work, and shows us, step by step, how to reach that goal.
15) Great success is the result of a great many small steps, all moving toward a clearly defined goal. That is the secret of manifestation.
16) Of course you need to build your castles in the air. That is where they should be. Then you put the foundation under them.
17) Take a blank sheet of paper and write IDEAL SCENE at the top. Imagine 5 years have passed and everything has gone as well as you could possible imagine. What does your life look like?
18) Take another piece of paper, write GOALS at the top, and list every goal you can think of for the next few years.
19) Write your goals as affirmations. Begin or end your affirmations with: in an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way...
20) To build anything, you need a blueprint. The secret is to make a plan. For every major goal, write a one- or two-page plan.
21) Make a plan, then take the next obvious steps in front of you.
22) Develop a multipronged strategy for each goal, one that doesn't take no for an answer.
23) Focus on your plan, and be persistent. That is the secret to success.
24) You have everything you need: a miraculous body, a phenomenal brain, and a vast and powerful subconscious mind. Now it's just a matter of focusing your mind in the right direction.
25) Living and working in partnership is the key to solving our global problems. Ultimately, partnership is far more powerful and effective than domination and exploitation.
OK, that's the high points. The writing exercises are in bold. Maybe I'll work on those soon.