Thursday 28 April 2011

The lightbulb just went on

It's funny.

After years of telling myself, "I deserve better" in the realm of dating, I had an epiphany: I do! Guys should be working to impress me! I shouldn't have to be catering to them! I shouldn't have to work to get to know them. They're guys! They'll go where they want to go and do what they want to do... and I should only worry about the ones who keep coming around me.

I don't know why it took so freaking long. I got a really (dare I say it?) bitchy message from Tim the other day and just woke up. Just thought, Why do I care about the actions and opinions of a guy with a history of ignoring me? He can ignore me all he wants. In fact, I hope he always ignores me from now on. I've got better things to do than worry about that ass. He can kiss my ass!!!

Anyway, I thought you'd enjoy to know that it's finally clicked into place. I'm happy to report this!

I know that as Your Jane, I project an air of confidence, but sometimes my thoughts and actions fall short of my projected attitude. But at least this time my attitude and thoughts are well matched!

Yours,
Jane Q. Phoenix

No comments: