Thursday 19 September 2013

The Summer of Carbs is OVER!

Diva and I are both challenging ourselves to be good for a while. I know I got into a new bad habit this summer that started with a big box full of gluten-free breads (birthday gift- yay!) and continued with red potatoes covered in garlic powder, rosemary, olive oil and pepper that I kept on cooking with chicken, mmmm... it's resulted in a very obvious 5-pound gain, and since I am short, it is quite visible.

She informed me recently, "I'm deflating!" That is what happens when you stop eating so many carbs.  I haven't started deflating yet, but it is a goal.

Carbs turn to sugar and that leads to weight gain. Yeah, I get that...

It would be easier to get into better shape if I felt better.  Recent blood tests have shown I need to give up the medication I used to use to control an ongoing condition, so now it's a rocky road for my health. I don't have the energy I had when I took the medication and could breathe well and sleep better.

Still, I am trying to count my blessings and hang in there.

Come on, deflation!

-Jane

No comments: