Sunday 8 September 2013

Simplify, Simplify, Simplify

Friends, I've been thinking a lot about this advice lately. The desire to simplify my life is high right now.

I've been blessed with time with friends both near and far this year. I moved from one job to another (and will again move to another job, due to outside circumstances). For now, though, there is a good rhythm to life. Time with family, time with friends I knew long ago that I've reconnected with now that I've moved "home," and the possibility of a new place and a new home in the future.

One of the most cleansing things I've done is take advantage of the ACRCF truck. ACRCF is American Cancer Research Center and Foundation. They took my "donation" that consisted of household and clothing odds and ends- not enough to exchange or use for a garage sale, but stuff that was taking up space, not doing me any good, reminding me of the old days.

Some of my old days were good, but since this recession started, there have been more bad than good, and I'm opening my eyes to remembering the good old times and concentrating on making better times in the future.

A good part of that is not having entanglements.  The real estate thing really tripped me up; being unable to move made my life hard. Now, that's no longer the case. And being portable, it's good to simplify, simplify, simplify, and not have so much stuff hanging around. I don't need it or want it either.

I'm feeling very blessed. This past year has transformed my life for the better.

-Jane

No comments: