Thursday 9 December 2010

Cliff jumping

Last week, in a fit of self-pitying PMS, this Diva took herself to the local little new-agey bookstore, wandering the aisles, just seeing what would grab at me that day. Well, as it turns out, what grabbed me was the voice of a reading going on.

I thought to myself, "oooh, I should get a reading," and things seemed to just fall into place as the lovely lady working at the bookstore just happened to come by to check on me as I had that thought, and told me that the reader had only about 10 minutes left in the current appointment. Well, how convenient! So, I booked the following 1/2 hour and browsed some more.

The reading was interesting, and reinforced some thoughts I'd been having regarding things happening in my life. She also said that I need to study up on the angels and ascended masters that apparently are hovering around me, just waiting for me to tell them what to do! Seeing that I'm not doing such a hot job on my own, I decided to take her up on that, and, after the reading, picked up a couple of things on angels and ascended masters and started reading up.

However, as I read, my dear Jane popped into mind. Remember her dream with that hot guy Mike telling her to jump off a cliff and she did? And everything was OK? Yeah, that dream!! Anyways, I was reading about the Archangel Michael, and it hit me that this might be the guy that came to her in the dream. The book I have says this of Michael, "His chief function is to rid the earth and its inhabitants of the toxins associated with fear," "...extremely tall and handsome...." and, "Michael guides and directs those who feel lost, or stuck with respect to thier life's purpose or career path. He can stimulate the unmotivated or fearful into action. Michael also provides clear guidance about which step to take next."

Now, dear readers, if that doesn't describe Jane's Mike, I don't know what does! I do know that it certainly fits what she was going through at the time-feeling stuck in a hell-hole with no way out (I mean, really, think about it-jumping off a cliff was actually an option she took in the dream! And while I understand it was metaphoric, still!!)

Was she more than a teensy bit fearful? Most probably. And what did she do? She meditated. And asked for some help. And who shows up? Mr. Hotty himself to tell her to jump.
Just go for it. Do it.

Today I was chatting with an old schoolmate, who also feels stuck. She has a lot of talent, but, like many of us, has been struggling just to make it. And talking to her, she admitted that she's scared of making a mistake-of making the wrong move. However, as I asked her, which is worse, making a mistake or doing nothing? That's a lesson I could use myself. Easy for me to give others ideas about how to get a step ahead and then not do it myself.

Jane, can I borrow Mike to give me a quick inspiration to jump off a cliff somewhere??

-Yours,
Diva

2 comments:

Jane Q Phoenix said...

Darling, absolutely. First, you need to tell your angels to go get him and bring him to your dreams. Then I'll ask him myself to go see The Diva. I'm pretty sure he won't be able to resist. And finally, you'll get an eyeful of what I've been raving about all along!

Jane Q Phoenix said...

Darling, absolutely. First, you need to tell your angels to go get him and bring him to your dreams. Then I'll ask him myself to go see The Diva. I'm pretty sure he won't be able to resist. And finally, you'll get an eyeful of what I've been raving about all along!