Sunday 12 December 2010

Taking out the trash

This weekend, when I got my Xmas decorations out, I was stuck with the mood of clearing out old things. I have to catch this wave when it happens, and I did.

Unknowingly, I had a few reminders around my house of things that reminded me of some people who were/are difficult; people I don't socialize with, work with, or live with anymore. And though it is blustery and cold, and I have a way to walk to dump my trash, I did it.

It feels good. Every once in a while I have to ask myself, Why do I still have this? And if I have no answer, it needs to go. I'm pretty good about donating items that can be reused, but the things I found today were trash. Plain and simple.

Out with the old, in with the new. It's been a great year for the most part and I hope another great one will follow.

Happy holidays, amigas and amigos.

-Jane

No comments: