Sunday 21 November 2010

Accept it and move on...

Hi amigas and amigos, it's Jane here. This weekend I was with Diva and another friend (let's call her Felicity unless she asks me to change it to something else- sorry, darling, I forgot to ask you if there's a name you'd prefer) and among the many topics we discussed, from beach haunts to work to fortune readings, etc., I noticed that I've reached a point where I don't want to hear trash talk about my exes. Yes, me. I've come a long way, baby. I just told them, Let's not discuss Timothy the Elder. It's just not something that should be rehashed...

Diva is not pleased with Timothy the Elder. That is for sure and for certain. Yes, he was extraordinarily lazy. Yes, I did wonder if any guy would be capable of picking up the phone and calling a woman after about 4 months with him... but honestly, there were some good points, too. There was the companionship, the conversations, the hikes in the woods, the dinners we'd make (or that he'd make- I'll forgive laziness to an extent as long as the laziness does not interfere with a man's ability to cook for me).

My point is, it wasn't wasted time. I learned something from it and moved on from it, and am thankful for the lessons I learned. I don't know that I could have learned them much quicker, as I have this tendency to give people the benefit of the doubt (and to make excuses for them, which is a habit I am aware of and need to quit). AND I know that a great show of loyalty (and who could be more loyal than La Diva?) is to denounce people like Timothy the Elder, who come into my life and do not have staying power. What I feel about the situation, though, is that the best thing to do is to accept it and move on.

However, Diva, your well-aimed barbs are very amusing... and we love the drama you bring to a situation! You have given me endless suggestions of amusing things to say to the guy should he ever call (which, as time goes by, seems less and less likely).

Sometimes you can be in a situation that puts you into a time and place where a new linkage to a new opportunity comes along, and while the new situation doesn't completely make up for the former one, it still gets you there. The first situation may not be ideal, but it's where you needed to be to get to the next stop on the journey. When you look back on your life, sometimes the things that seemed terrible turn out to be blessings that led you to something far better than what you were aiming for to begin with. You just never know.

Have a great week, everyone!
Jane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I understand, although it's hard for me to resist. I don't think he's a bad person, not at all, I'm just irked by a couple of things such as the passive approach he chose, especially when given the opportunity to bow out gracefully. But you are very right, things happen for a reason, and every encounter is another experience, whether it lasts or not!

-Diva